Wednesday, October 24, 2012

As the Seasons Change...

As the seasons change, so do my taste buds. My newest addition to my Almond House menu is a Blueberry Almond Cake. This was inspired by a good friend Angi Finnegan who makes absolutely delicious baked goods in Toccoa, GA at Finnegan's. If you aren't completely gluten intolerant, her baked goods contain fresh ground wheat in all of her baked goods - bread, cinnamon rolls, cupcakes, & PIZZA. :) BUT since I can't handle the fresh ground wheat, I had to develop some sort of blueberry almond cake for myself and since it was so deliciously, good I must share it with you! On top of the cake, I drizzle my own coconut milk & lemon glaze that, still, contains NO refined sugar! 

Blueberry Almond Cake with Lemon Coconut Milk Drizzle
In addition to the Blueberry Almond Cake, I have a new Cinnamon Coffee Cake with a coconut milk and butter glaze. For the holidays, I believe this will be my first choice as it it takes me back to my childhood & I kind of feel as if I am eating a yummy cinnamon roll... well, almost! Although, I actually enjoy this one better because I still feel wonderful after I eat it - rather than bloated, tired, and foggy-brained!

For all of you gearing up for the holidays these are a great treat that EVERYONE will enjoy - not just gluten free'ers. I polled my church group (20 people) including people who love sugar, eat gluten, and are under the age of 13 and they have been asking me for more! Shhh... don't tell them there is no sugar & no gluten! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment