Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cauliflower "Rice"

I LOVE... I mean LOVE rice. I made a wonderful discovery today. Cauliflower can be shredded to look & feel like rice. I made some wonderful Tacos & instead of just eating the taco meat as usual, I piled my plate with my wonderful cauliflower "rice" and enjoyed every low carb and paleo-friendly bite.

I don't have a picture, but there is a great blog that you can go to, to see where I got my idea from - www.elanaspantry.com.

1/4 head of cauliflower, shredded in the food processor until the size of rice
salt/pepper
butter or coconut oil to saute
1 garlic clove (opt)

Basically, shred the cauliflower in a food processor. Melt the butter or coconut oil in a frying pan. Add salt & pepper as you prefer. Saute the "rice" until soft.

You can add ANY seasoning you would like - for example I shredded 1/4 cup of green bell pepper & onion with the cauliflower. This went nicely with the taco meat. If you were having an Asian type meal, add some ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment