Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rainy Day Pizza


Okay! Before you decide if this is good or not PLEASE try it. I admit I was skeptical too, but once I tried it tonight - I'm sold. Pizza is one of my favorite foods & I need to stay away even from an almond meal pizza crust if I want to loose weight so I decided to see if I could make an egg "crust". I referred to my "Everyday Paleo" book for some tips, but then I made it my own.

5 eggs
No sugar added & GF Pizza Sauce - Classico (or make your own)
Any toppings & cheese that you prefer to add
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt/pepper
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 garlic clove

Heat oven proof skillet (I use a pyrex dish, I don't know if this is okay, but I did it.) with coconut oil. Whisk the eggs until well blended. Add all the seasonings to the egg mixture. When the skillet is warm, pour the eggs into the skillet and cover. When the eggs are firm half way through, transfer the eggs to a preheated 400 degree oven. DO NOT TOUCH THE EGGS IN THE SKILLET! Then, allow to cook until firm in the oven. When firm put the sauce, toppings, and cheese as preferred. Put back into the oven until cheese is melted and the "crust" is slightly browned on the outside.

That's it. :) I believe you will enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment